Melissa A. Hagen specializes s in real estate, construction, employment, and commercial litigation. Ms. Hagen is listed in Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation. She She has presented seminars on topics including employment law and real estate broker and agency issues. Ms. Hagen was admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 1989, as well as the Eastern and Western Districts of the Michigan federal courts in 1990.
Melissa Hagen’s practice includes:
- Litigation in state and federal courts in commercial litigation including construction, construction lien, employment, business, and real estate disputes.
- Litigation in state courts of complex Construction Lien Act and foreclosure matters; advice regarding validity of liens and Lien Act compliance, and priority issues.
- Briefs and argument in the Michigan Supreme Court, Michigan Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Court of Appeals
- Planning, assistance, and advice on disabled persons access regulations for developers, property owners, and tenants.
- Representation and advice for employers including Title VII, Michigan Elliot-Larsen Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Michigan Persons With Disabilities Civil Rights Act, and Michigan Wage and Fringe Benefit Act; representation of employers before the Department of Civil Rights and the Employment Security Commission.
- Drafting employee manuals and policies, employment contracts and severance contracts.
Ms. Hagen is a 1989 graduate of the University of Cincinnati Law School where she served on the Moot Court Board and became a member of the Order of the Barristers. Ms. Hagen is a cum laude graduate of Xavier University with a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and Journalism.