Gregory L. McClelland acts as primary outside general counsel to the Michigan Realtors®, Home Builders Association of Michigan, and as counsel for numerous local REALTOR® Boards and Associations. He authors a regular article both in the Michigan Realtor® and the Michigan Builder magazines. He also has acted as litigation counsel for associations, developers, general contractors, owners, and businesses for almost 40 years in state and federal courts and has testified as an expert witness with respect to real estate and business practices and litigation.
Greg McClelland’s practice includes:
- Representation — as trial and appellate counsel — in commercial, construction, and all types of real estate-related litigation.
- Representation of trade associations in all aspects of association law.
- Representation of entrepreneurs, developers, and close corporations in organization, operation, business financing, and the sale and purchase of land and other businesses.
- Representation of borrowers in projects financed through taxable bonds and notes.
- Counsel to statewide associations on proposed amendments and participation as amicus curiae in Michigan Supreme Court and Court of Appeals in cases affecting the interests of the associations’ members.
Mr. McClelland received his law degree magna cum laude from the University of Illinois in 1978 and served in the United States Marine Corp from 1969 to 1972.
Awards & Achievements
Mr. McClelland was appointed by the Michigan Supreme Court to its Committee on Model Civil Jury Instructions in 2006.
Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation – Real Estate, Lansing (2014)
- Litigation – Construction, Lansing (2012)
- Real Estate Law, Lansing (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation – Construction
- Litigation – Real Estate